School District of South Milwaukee 1st in Southeastern Wisconsin to be Awarded AdvancED School System Accreditation
(South Milwaukee, WI – August 18, 2014) – Superintendent Dr. Rita Olson recently announced that the School District of South Milwaukee has earned recognition as the first school district in southeastern Wisconsin to be awarded School System Accreditation from the AdvancED Accreditation Commission. This distinction by the most rigorous accreditation organization in the United States means that the School District of South Milwaukee and all of its schools meet international standards of quality and demonstrate a commitment to excellence.
The accreditation process involves three ongoing components: 1) meeting high quality standards; 2) implementing a continuous process of improvement; and 3) engaging in quality assurance through internal and external review. The system’s accreditation is for a five-year term with regular monitoring of progress and reporting occurring during the term.
“School System Accreditation, as conferred by the AdvancED North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, recognizes the School District of South Milwaukee for its commitment to excellence, openness to external review and feedback, and desire to be the best we can be on behalf of the students we serve,” shared Dr. Olson.
Dr. Mark Elgart, President/CEO of AdvancED, stated, “AdvancED School System Accreditation is a rigorous process that focuses the entire school system on the primary goal of creating lifelong learners. The School District of South Milwaukee is to be commended for engaging in this process and demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement.”
Parents and interested community members can learn more about the System Accreditation Process at www.advanc-ed.org.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Author Visit with Elizabeth Kokalis - May 14th
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs Announces 2016 Pearls of Wisdom Award Recipients
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- South Milwaukee Residents Invited to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- JB’s on 41 Kicks Off Kids Bowl Free Program with Country Family Fun Day on May 1