Stressing the importance of offering nutritious meals to children during the summer months, the School District of South Milwaukee announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program.
The program will operate from ONE site only this year:
South Milwaukee High School – 801 15th Avenue
Program operates Monday-Friday beginning Monday, June 23 through Friday, August 8
Enter through Door #29 – Field House Entrance (near totem pole) on east side of building
Meals are provided to eligible children regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender or disability and there will be no discrimination in the course of meal service.
“This program fills a void created when school lunches are not available,” said Shelley Juedes, School District of South Milwaukee Food Service Director. “Helping parents meet the nutritional needs of their children is the strength of this program.”
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), which is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is administered by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, provides nutritious meals to children during the summer, when free and reduced-price school meals are typically unavailable. Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under. Persons over 18 years of age who are determined by a state or local public educational agency to be mentally or physically disabled and who also participate in a public or private non-profit school program during the regular school year may receive free meals as well.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights (Office of Adjudication), 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). TDD users can contact USDA through local relay or the Federal Relay at (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (relay voice users). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Option 4.0, The Economic Development Forum for the South Shore, to be held October 14, 2015 at South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
- Safer Lake Michigan Surf Thanks to New Academic and Governmental Partnership
- Husband and Wife Team Leverage Decades of Business Experience With Transworld Business Advisors of Milwaukee
- Art & Wellness
- Two Brothers One Mind are Bringing the Midwest Monthly Magic Circuit to Milwaukee!!
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce Announces the 2015 Honored Businesses
- Join Us for A Harvest Tasting: A Fundraiser for the Cudahy Family Library
- Register for Girl Scouts
- AFS Seeks Host Families
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs