The South Milwaukee Downtown Market organizers are pleased to announce their June market music line up.
The 2014 outdoor market kicks off on Thursday June 5th in the temporary location of 12th & Milwaukee Avenues. The Main music acts typically run 5pm to 7pm and patrons are encouraged to bring lawn chairs.
June 12th – Paul Kaye – Blues Man
Paul Kay has been on stage most of his life playing the blues and has played with many blues greats. Paul is a respected soloist and sideman in the professional blues community.
June 19th – Rich Regent – Jazz Clarinet.
Rich provides a mix of improvisation and entrancing harmony, which combine to energize jazz, tangos, polkas, Dixieland, waltzes and blues.
June 26th – KR Bluegrass
KR Bluegrass is a group of musicians from southeastern Wisconsin. The band members were regulars at weekly jams when friendships were developed because of their mutual love of old time, gospel and bluegrass music. Their music is influenced by the Stanley Brothers, Carter and Cox families and Ricky Skaggs.
The Outdoor market continues on Thursdays through October 9th, with no Market on July 3rd. If you make, bake, or grow a product, we’d like to hear from you. Limited stall space is available for the outdoor market.
More information is on the South Milwaukee Downtown Market website at www.smmarket.org or contact Market Manager, Tony Bloom at 414-499-1568.
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- "Click It or Ticket"
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club