South Milwaukee Police Chief Ann Wellens announced today that a team of assessors from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group (WILEAG) will arrive in South Milwaukee on May 20, 2014.
The assessors will be at the South Milwaukee Police Department for a three day on-site assessment to examine all aspects of the South Milwaukee Police Department’s policy and procedures, management, operation and support services. Chief Wellens stated that the verification by the assessors is a way to formally recognize the quality of our organization and ensures that our agency meets the WILEAG standards.
As part of the on-site assessment, agency employees and members of the community are invited to offer public comments to the assessment team via phone on May 21, 2014 from 1:00pm-3:00pm by calling 414-333-1957. Telephone comments are limited to 10 minutes and must address the agency’s ability to comply with WILEAG’s standards. A copy of the standards is available at the South Milwaukee Police Department by contacting Captain Jill Kallay.
Any person wishing to provide written comments about the South Milwaukee Police Department’s ability to meet the standards for accreditation may also write to Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group at WILEAG P.O. Box 270693, Milwaukee, WI 53227 or email@example.com
Accreditation status is granted for three years, during which time the agency must submit annual reports attesting continued compliance with those standards under which it was initially accredited.
For more information regarding the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group, please write to WILEAG P.O. Box 270693, Milwaukee, WI 53227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School District of South Milwaukee 1st in Southeastern Wisconsin to be Awarded AdvancED School System Accreditation
- Church Celebrates 100 years
- The Kohl's Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Mobile Unit brings safety education to South Milwaukee Community Night Out
- South Milwaukee’s Janet Halfmann Releases 40th Children's Book—"Animal Teachers"
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Wixon Grows in Sales and Service
- HamBingo Charity Event for Bay View