South Milwaukee Police Chief Ann Wellens announced today that a team of assessors from the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group (WILEAG) will arrive in South Milwaukee on May 20, 2014.
The assessors will be at the South Milwaukee Police Department for a three day on-site assessment to examine all aspects of the South Milwaukee Police Department’s policy and procedures, management, operation and support services. Chief Wellens stated that the verification by the assessors is a way to formally recognize the quality of our organization and ensures that our agency meets the WILEAG standards.
As part of the on-site assessment, agency employees and members of the community are invited to offer public comments to the assessment team via phone on May 21, 2014 from 1:00pm-3:00pm by calling 414-333-1957. Telephone comments are limited to 10 minutes and must address the agency’s ability to comply with WILEAG’s standards. A copy of the standards is available at the South Milwaukee Police Department by contacting Captain Jill Kallay.
Any person wishing to provide written comments about the South Milwaukee Police Department’s ability to meet the standards for accreditation may also write to Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group at WILEAG P.O. Box 270693, Milwaukee, WI 53227 or email@example.com
Accreditation status is granted for three years, during which time the agency must submit annual reports attesting continued compliance with those standards under which it was initially accredited.
For more information regarding the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group, please write to WILEAG P.O. Box 270693, Milwaukee, WI 53227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park