Janis Anderson, originally from South Milwaukee, was recognized by the University of Wisconsin - Division of University Housing on April 16, 2014 with the ROSE Award.
ROSE stands for “Recognition of Outstanding Student Employee.” The ROSE Awards recognizes the “unsung heroes and heroines” in the Division of University Housing Student Employment. The award seeks to recognize employees who share the following qualities: esteem from peers; acceptance of responsibility beyond the limits of their job descriptions; sustained, extraordinary achievement of assigned tasks; performance recognition from customers; self-improvement; and the ability to overcome obstacles to performance.
The ROSE Award is presented to only the top-performing one percent student employees each academic year. Supervisors nominate student employees for this award based on their overall work performance and individual contributions to the division. The award recipients were selected from a distinguished group of nominees.
University Housing, a Division of the University of Wisconsin–Madison, is a self-funded, multi-faceted organization. Employing nearly 400 full-time staff and about 2,000 student employees, the division has a long tradition of providing quality housing options to students. The University Residence Halls provide home to over 7,400 undergraduate students during the academic year, and University Apartments provide community living to 4,000 graduate students, student families, academic staff, and faculty. University Housing also provides a nationally-recognized Dining & Culinary Services program, as well as conference operations throughout the summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Divorce Care Support Group to Begin
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin