Janis Anderson, originally from South Milwaukee, was recognized by the University of Wisconsin - Division of University Housing on April 16, 2014 with the ROSE Award.
ROSE stands for “Recognition of Outstanding Student Employee.” The ROSE Awards recognizes the “unsung heroes and heroines” in the Division of University Housing Student Employment. The award seeks to recognize employees who share the following qualities: esteem from peers; acceptance of responsibility beyond the limits of their job descriptions; sustained, extraordinary achievement of assigned tasks; performance recognition from customers; self-improvement; and the ability to overcome obstacles to performance.
The ROSE Award is presented to only the top-performing one percent student employees each academic year. Supervisors nominate student employees for this award based on their overall work performance and individual contributions to the division. The award recipients were selected from a distinguished group of nominees.
University Housing, a Division of the University of Wisconsin–Madison, is a self-funded, multi-faceted organization. Employing nearly 400 full-time staff and about 2,000 student employees, the division has a long tradition of providing quality housing options to students. The University Residence Halls provide home to over 7,400 undergraduate students during the academic year, and University Apartments provide community living to 4,000 graduate students, student families, academic staff, and faculty. University Housing also provides a nationally-recognized Dining & Culinary Services program, as well as conference operations throughout the summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Representative Sinicki Celebrates Disability Employment Awareness with Ramsey Woods Senior Assisted Living Community Employee
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- Home for the Holidays: Keeping You and Your Loved Ones Safe on the Road