South Milwaukee Music Department and Music Parents Jointly Host District Solo and Ensemble
The School District of South Milwaukee Music Department and South Milwaukee Music Parents want to congratulate the community on such a successful, energy filled day hosting the district solo and ensemble on Saturday, April 5, 2014.
Over 450 events were scheduled at the 6-12 campus from several area schools in addition to students from South Milwaukee, including, Cudahy, Greendale and Franklin. Over 40 local volunteers helped to provide support to the event as room monitors, sell concessions and tabulate scores. Congratulations and Bravo to all students who took part in the day.
Thank you to the music staff at the School District of South Milwaukee: Pete Thompson, Festival Manager and Director of High School Band and Orchestra, Lee Stovall, Director of Choirs, Mary Beth Garrett, Middle School Music Coordinator and Orchestra Director, David Miles, Director of Middle School Bands and Christopher Sepersky, Choir Director. Thank you also to school district secretaries and maintenance staff for their support.
A special congratulations goes to the following students that have earned the distinction to go to State at UW Parkside on Saturday, May 3, 2014: 7th grade violinist Aryannah Visintainer, violin solo. Handel Sonata, Woodwind Ensemble, Brittany Grulkowski, Euphonium Solo, Brass Ensemble, Chidimma Ozodi, Piano Solo, String Ensemble, Tristan Aniceto and Anna Seboldt Violin Duet, Tristan Aniceto, Violin Solo, Tristan Aniceto, Piano Solo, Tristan Aniceto: Adieu (Faure) and The Impossible Dream (Leigh), Casey Kitzman: Vergin Tutto Amor (Durante) and Corner of the Sky (Schwartz), Rachael Ricupero: Hear My Cry, O God (Franck), Jason Molus: Wonderful (Schwartz).
It was a terrific event, one where the excitement helped to energize and draw the community together. Please join us in our congratulations to all those who made the day possible.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!