The South Milwaukee Health Department will be offering two Parenting workshops, geared towards parents of 2 to 6 year olds, as a result of a parent survey conducted at Child Development Days in 2013.
Our first workshop “Healthy Bites for Healthy Kids,” will be offered this Saturday April 12, 2014 at the South Milwaukee Public Library, 1907 10th Avenue, South Milwaukee, 53172. This is a short workshop from 9:30am to 11:00am on how to prepare simple, healthy meals and snacks that children will love, presented by Michelle L. Lanser, a 4C- For Children Educator. Childcare will be provided as needed. All we ask is that you contact the Health Department ahead of time to register for the childcare at 414-768-8055. This workshop is FREE!
Our second workshop “Parenting with Love and Logic,” will be offered Saturday May 10, 2014 again at the South Milwaukee Public Library. This short workshop from 9:30am to 11:00am will be an overview presentation of Love and Logic for some of the most helpful parenting tips that you can go home and start using immediately! This FREE workshop will be presented by Jeanne Labana, PCI Certified Parent Coach. Childcare will again be provided as needed, please contact the Health Department ahead of time to register for the childcare at 414-768-8055.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- French Horn Holiday Flash Mob scheduled for December 6th
- Bridging the Inter-generational Gap
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- WCA “I Choose Compassion” Campaign Launches For National Bullying Prevention Month
- HallwenancorSingls Over 40+ in West Allis
- STAR WARS events at the Oak Creek Library
- A Special Need for Communication