It is the Law in Wisconsin that you CANNOT put sharps, such as needles and lancets, in the trash or recycle bins. Used sharps can stick waste disposal workers. If trash containers are blown over and bags are broken apart, other adults, children, and even pets are at risk for needle stick injuries when sharps are disposed of improperly.
Starting January 1, 2014 for South Milwaukee residents, the Health Department will be a Sharps Disposal Site.
Used needles, syringes, and lancets for blood testing in an approved red biohazard sharps container are accepted for disposal. However, there is a charge for cost of disposal. Current Disposal charges are $5.00/ 1.5 qt and $7.00/ 2 gal.
Red biohazard sharps containers are available for purchase at the Health Department. Currently- $2.75/ 1.5 qt. and $5.00/ 2 gal.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us at 414-768-8055.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs Announces 2016 Pearls of Wisdom Award Recipients
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- South Milwaukee Residents Invited to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- JB’s on 41 Kicks Off Kids Bowl Free Program with Country Family Fun Day on May 1
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry