It is the Law in Wisconsin that you CANNOT put sharps, such as needles and lancets, in the trash or recycle bins. Used sharps can stick waste disposal workers. If trash containers are blown over and bags are broken apart, other adults, children, and even pets are at risk for needle stick injuries when sharps are disposed of improperly.
Starting January 1, 2014 for South Milwaukee residents, the Health Department will be a Sharps Disposal Site.
Used needles, syringes, and lancets for blood testing in an approved red biohazard sharps container are accepted for disposal. However, there is a charge for cost of disposal. Current Disposal charges are $5.00/ 1.5 qt and $7.00/ 2 gal.
Red biohazard sharps containers are available for purchase at the Health Department. Currently- $2.75/ 1.5 qt. and $5.00/ 2 gal.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us at 414-768-8055.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"
- Church Concert
- Wixon Welcomes Tara Headd, National Account Manager
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- Warm Your Heart Chili & Jewelry Event
- St. Francis Civic Center Gala and Tree Lighting events
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- Local Residents Participate in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center