It is the Law in Wisconsin that you CANNOT put sharps, such as needles and lancets, in the trash or recycle bins. Used sharps can stick waste disposal workers. If trash containers are blown over and bags are broken apart, other adults, children, and even pets are at risk for needle stick injuries when sharps are disposed of improperly.
Starting January 1, 2014 for South Milwaukee residents, the Health Department will be a Sharps Disposal Site.
Used needles, syringes, and lancets for blood testing in an approved red biohazard sharps container are accepted for disposal. However, there is a charge for cost of disposal. Current Disposal charges are $5.00/ 1.5 qt and $7.00/ 2 gal.
Red biohazard sharps containers are available for purchase at the Health Department. Currently- $2.75/ 1.5 qt. and $5.00/ 2 gal.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us at 414-768-8055.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrate South Milwaukee with a Full Week of Heritage Days Activities
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious