The Downtown Market is making a return trip to South Milwaukee High School for two indoor spring markets.
The South Milwaukee Spring Markets are planned for two Saturdays, March 1 and April 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., as more than 50 vendors – including a number of regulars from the outdoor Downtown Market – gather to sell arts, crafts, organics, baked goods and other specialty items.
Prepared foods and live entertainment will also be available in a special seating area.
“I’m glad we can make this terrific venue available for the Spring Market,” South Milwaukee School Superintendent Rita Olson said. “This is a perfect example of the types of community partnerships we’re trying to forge here.”
There is still vendor space available for the spring markets. Sellers who make, bake, or grow their wares are invited to participate.
Applications and additional details are available on the market website www.smmarket.org. Stalls for each spring market are $30, plus $5 for those who need power.
2014 Summer Market Starts June 5
The South Milwaukee Downtown Market will open its summer season on Thursday, June 5. The season will conclude Oct. 9. Markets will be held every Thursday during those dates (except July 3) from 3 to 7 p.m.
“Our sixth outdoor season is going to be our best one yet,” said Market Chairman David Kieck, the former South Milwaukee mayor. “We have established ourselves as one of the top farmers’ markets in the area, and we’re proud to bring such a great event to downtown South Milwaukee every week.”
The summer markets are held on 11th Avenue south of Milwaukee Avenue. However, a road construction project will force a temporary relocation of the market during June and July of 2014. Stay tuned for details.
Vendor spaces still remain for the summer market. Cost is $300 for the entire 19-week season, or $25 per week.
The summer market also features weekly live music and is looking for small ensembles or individual musicians. Please contact Dana Clark at the Sweet Music store at 414-762-5242 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Summer Lunch Program for South Milwaukee Kids
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library