The South Milwaukee Leo Club is hosting a free showing of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 on Friday, January 31st at 7 pm in the South Milwaukee PAC. Local residents are invited to attend. Refreshments and snacks will be available for purchase. Attendees should enter through door #9 at the High School.
The South Milwaukee Leos are a teen volunteer group, sponsored by the South Milwaukee Lions Club. They help at several Lions events, plan their own events to benefit the community and help local organizations. In 2012, they had a blanket donation drive and donated over 60 blankets to SM Human Concerns Repairers of the Breach in Milwaukee, along with having a bake sale to raise money for 70 bus passes that were distributed to the homeless. Their 2013 projects included trash pick-ups along the Milwaukee River and in Grant Park; participating in an anti-bullying campaign at the High School; serving corn, potatoes and walking tacos at Lions Fest; helping with carnival games at the Senior Center's Annual End-of-Summer Picnic; raising money for Alzheimer's research, and much more! The Leos also started off 2014 by helping with the SM Boys Swim Invitational. The Leos are an incredibly energetic group, focusing on serving the community with Leadership, Excellence, and Opportunity.
If someone is interested in more information about Leos and joining the club or is in need of volunteers for an event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or find them on Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- French Horn Holiday Flash Mob scheduled for December 6th
- Bridging the Inter-generational Gap
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- WCA “I Choose Compassion” Campaign Launches For National Bullying Prevention Month
- HallwenancorSingls Over 40+ in West Allis
- STAR WARS events at the Oak Creek Library
- A Special Need for Communication
- A Not-So-Scary Halloween Party