This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Combined Churches Concert
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Build For A Better South Shore
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- South Milwaukee Music Department and Music Parents Jointly Host District Solo and Ensemble
- Town of Lake Author to Speak at Tuesday's Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Take Care of Your Mouth