This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses