This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Announces Fall 2014 Concert
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- SSSF to Hold spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser November 9th
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- French Horn Holiday Flash Mob scheduled for December 6th