This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs Announces 2016 Pearls of Wisdom Award Recipients
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- South Milwaukee Residents Invited to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- JB’s on 41 Kicks Off Kids Bowl Free Program with Country Family Fun Day on May 1
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry