This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- French Horn Holiday Flash Mob scheduled for December 6th
- Bridging the Inter-generational Gap
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- WCA “I Choose Compassion” Campaign Launches For National Bullying Prevention Month
- HallwenancorSingls Over 40+ in West Allis
- STAR WARS events at the Oak Creek Library
- A Special Need for Communication
- A Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- UEDA announces 13th annual Community Development Summit
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays