This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Option 4.0, The Economic Development Forum for the South Shore, to be held October 14, 2015 at South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
- Safer Lake Michigan Surf Thanks to New Academic and Governmental Partnership
- Husband and Wife Team Leverage Decades of Business Experience With Transworld Business Advisors of Milwaukee
- Art & Wellness
- Two Brothers One Mind are Bringing the Midwest Monthly Magic Circuit to Milwaukee!!
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce Announces the 2015 Honored Businesses
- Join Us for A Harvest Tasting: A Fundraiser for the Cudahy Family Library
- Register for Girl Scouts
- AFS Seeks Host Families
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs