This morning, to an older woman's good fortune, I prevented her from falling across one of the MANY ice-covered sidewalks in South Milwaukee. I saw many brave oncoming traffic in order to walk on the roads rather than on the perilous sidewalks. I am on pins and needles every day as my wife, who is a runner, risks injury on the treacherous walks.
I find it disheartening that in this season of caring, there is so much indifference. I fervently suggest heavy fines for unsalted ice-covered walks for businesses as well as residences. Perhaps those that value money more than people will start to pay attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlos Meyers will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste
- Local Author's Novel, Schrodinger's Dachshund, Set in Cudahy
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- Concerned Citizen-Public Works Committee Nov 12
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste to be held in South Milwaukee
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market set for Dec 6; Music Lineup Announced
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"