November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library