November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park