November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Open House at the South Milwaukee Mill Pond Warming House
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- Ebenezer Child Care Centers Names New Board of Director
- Oak Creek Public Library Fall Preschool Story Time
- Paul Davis to host regional Firefighter Combat Challenge on September 12-13