November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Representative Sinicki Celebrates Disability Employment Awareness with Ramsey Woods Senior Assisted Living Community Employee
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation