November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool Jewelry and Ice Cream Social and Sale
- Restore The Lagoon Festival
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Teen Lock-in
- Fall into Free Fun!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings