November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Divorce Care Support Group to Begin
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th
- Kathi Miller Presents "De-Clutter Today for a Carefree Tomorrow"
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.