November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee Human Concerns Partners With Post Office to Stamp Out Hunger
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- We're Going Green for Shabbat!
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies