November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs Announces 2016 Pearls of Wisdom Award Recipients
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- South Milwaukee Residents Invited to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- JB’s on 41 Kicks Off Kids Bowl Free Program with Country Family Fun Day on May 1
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry