November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Milwaukee Succeeds releases Milestone Report
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests How to Spot and Avoid a Remodeling Scam
- Creative Catering BBQ Demos Set For June 13 at South Milwaukee Market
- Free Summer Lunch Program
- Bake and Bag Sale for a Cause
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health
- Garlic Mustard Pickers at First Congregational
- Cecilia Margraff leaves for Miss Wisconsin Competition
- Graef Recognized by Wisconsin Chapter of American Planning Association