November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MATC to Hold Open House at Oak Creek Campus Oct. 17
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- Wixon Adds Renee Santy, Food Scientist
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Catholic Singles Halloween Dance
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old