November 8 the South Milwaukee Lions held their first annual Taste of South Milwaukee. Sixteen local restaurants were featured at Salvatore's.
Over 600 people attended the event that was done as a fundraiser. All the money that was raised that evening will stay in South Milwaukee and benefit local organizations. The first group was South Milwaukee Human Concerns. The Lions presented Kris Schill the director of Human Concerns a check for over $900.00 to help replenish their pantry over the upcoming holiday season.
The planning for the second annual Taste of South Milwaukee has begun. The Lions heard some of the concerns of the attendees and have promised to triple the seating and provide better bar service. The event is planned for early November 2013. More information to follow as it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses