On November 12, 2012 at 1:30pm in the South Milwaukee Sullivan Gymnasium, South Milwaukee High School will be running another wonderful Veterans Day program, headed up by staff members George Cleveland, Dan Halvorsen, Beth Biskobing and Jim Grassl.
We will be showing a video tribute to local veterans and current service men and women, with many of them in attendance. Veterans are asked to be at the high school guidance office by 1:10pm.
The US Air Force Band Starlifter will be performing at the assembly, making this a very unique event in Wisconsin.
High School student volunteers will be raising money the week before to support Fisher House (the Ronald McDonald equivalent for VA Hospitals). We will be selling t-shirts to raise money as well. If you are interested in a t-shirt or in donating, contact Ante Udovicic (firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-766-5070).
There will be a reception afterward for Veteran guests in the HS library.
We are all very proud of our veterans and those who have chosen to protect this great nation. Thank you for your service!
- Author Visit with Elizabeth Kokalis - May 14th
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs Announces 2016 Pearls of Wisdom Award Recipients
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- South Milwaukee Residents Invited to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- JB’s on 41 Kicks Off Kids Bowl Free Program with Country Family Fun Day on May 1
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness