On November 12, 2012 at 1:30pm in the South Milwaukee Sullivan Gymnasium, South Milwaukee High School will be running another wonderful Veterans Day program, headed up by staff members George Cleveland, Dan Halvorsen, Beth Biskobing and Jim Grassl.
We will be showing a video tribute to local veterans and current service men and women, with many of them in attendance. Veterans are asked to be at the high school guidance office by 1:10pm.
The US Air Force Band Starlifter will be performing at the assembly, making this a very unique event in Wisconsin.
High School student volunteers will be raising money the week before to support Fisher House (the Ronald McDonald equivalent for VA Hospitals). We will be selling t-shirts to raise money as well. If you are interested in a t-shirt or in donating, contact Ante Udovicic (firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-766-5070).
There will be a reception afterward for Veteran guests in the HS library.
We are all very proud of our veterans and those who have chosen to protect this great nation. Thank you for your service!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 1 WEEK AWAY
- Milwaukee Succeeds releases Milestone Report
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests How to Spot and Avoid a Remodeling Scam
- Creative Catering BBQ Demos Set For June 13 at South Milwaukee Market
- Free Summer Lunch Program
- Bake and Bag Sale for a Cause
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health
- Garlic Mustard Pickers at First Congregational
- Cecilia Margraff leaves for Miss Wisconsin Competition
- Graef Recognized by Wisconsin Chapter of American Planning Association