International Institute of Wisconsin Extends Condolences and Promotes Understanding and Acceptance of Cultural Differences
The International Institute of Wisconsin (IIW), an organization dedicated to the promotion of international cooperation, understanding, and a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural perspective, extends our thoughts and prayers to the victims, their families, and the Oak Creek community, following Sunday’s shooting rampage.
“It is one of our foremost goals to promote multi-cultural understanding throughout the community,” said Al Durtka, President of the IIW. “We are saddened that a group of people whose religious beliefs encompass truthful living, equality of mankind, and social justice, were targeted in their place of worship, their Gurdwara.
“Now more than ever, our community needs to sustain and extend the spirit of understanding and friendship across the many different cultures that make up the Milwaukee metropolitan area,” Durtka said.
About the IWW
The IIW initiates, coordinates, and sponsors a variety of activities and programs appropriate to the fulfillment of its purpose, including immigration and social services, refugee resettlement, citizen diplomacy, and interpretation and translation. In addition, the IIW produces the annual Holiday Folk Fair International.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Reserve Your Booth at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System