International Institute of Wisconsin Extends Condolences and Promotes Understanding and Acceptance of Cultural Differences
The International Institute of Wisconsin (IIW), an organization dedicated to the promotion of international cooperation, understanding, and a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural perspective, extends our thoughts and prayers to the victims, their families, and the Oak Creek community, following Sunday’s shooting rampage.
“It is one of our foremost goals to promote multi-cultural understanding throughout the community,” said Al Durtka, President of the IIW. “We are saddened that a group of people whose religious beliefs encompass truthful living, equality of mankind, and social justice, were targeted in their place of worship, their Gurdwara.
“Now more than ever, our community needs to sustain and extend the spirit of understanding and friendship across the many different cultures that make up the Milwaukee metropolitan area,” Durtka said.
About the IWW
The IIW initiates, coordinates, and sponsors a variety of activities and programs appropriate to the fulfillment of its purpose, including immigration and social services, refugee resettlement, citizen diplomacy, and interpretation and translation. In addition, the IIW produces the annual Holiday Folk Fair International.
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library