International Institute of Wisconsin Extends Condolences and Promotes Understanding and Acceptance of Cultural Differences
The International Institute of Wisconsin (IIW), an organization dedicated to the promotion of international cooperation, understanding, and a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural perspective, extends our thoughts and prayers to the victims, their families, and the Oak Creek community, following Sunday’s shooting rampage.
“It is one of our foremost goals to promote multi-cultural understanding throughout the community,” said Al Durtka, President of the IIW. “We are saddened that a group of people whose religious beliefs encompass truthful living, equality of mankind, and social justice, were targeted in their place of worship, their Gurdwara.
“Now more than ever, our community needs to sustain and extend the spirit of understanding and friendship across the many different cultures that make up the Milwaukee metropolitan area,” Durtka said.
About the IWW
The IIW initiates, coordinates, and sponsors a variety of activities and programs appropriate to the fulfillment of its purpose, including immigration and social services, refugee resettlement, citizen diplomacy, and interpretation and translation. In addition, the IIW produces the annual Holiday Folk Fair International.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Working Parents’ Luncheon Aimed at Helping Busy Parents Recharge
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Zone Baseball Kicks Off Its Inaugural Season
- A KNIGHT OF LAUGHS - HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL QUARTERBACK CLUB