“Preparing for my 40th Mother’s Day and working with my younger business partner makes me feel like my father did when he worked with me,” said Bryan Lorentzen, President and Owner of Parkway Floral in South Milwaukee. We help prepare a new generation of Parkway Floral employees so people can continue to express their emotions with flowers.”
Bryan Lorentzen’s father, Fritz Lorentzen, bought Parkway Floral in 1951. Bryan started working at Parkway Floral in 1972, and bought the business from his father in 1980. This year, Bryan is celebrating his 40th anniversary at Parkway Floral! Leah Manthey became a shareholder and working manager at Parkway Floral in 2010. Over the last 40 years, the business has grown from three employees and $300,000 in annual sales to 12 employees, and over $500,000 in annual sales. The business provides flower arrangements, blooming plants and green plants for any occasion such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, funerals, and holidays. They also carry balloons and small stuffed animals.
As a member of the Metro Milwaukee Florists Delivery Coop, Parkway Floral is able to deliver throughout Metro Milwaukee – from Racine to Mequon to Pewaukee. All members meet daily at the coop warehouse building near 35th and Wisconsin Avenue and exchange floral arrangements or plants. Then the arrangement or plant is delivered by a member whose store is located the closest to the recipient’s address. This is a cooperative effort to save gas and time. All this adds up to savings for the customer! Through membership in Teleflora, Parkway is part of an extensive member florists’ network, offering customers high-quality flowers always hand-arranged and hand-delivered by local florists worldwide.
Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year at Parkway Floral, followed by Valentine’s Day. This year, Parkway Floral will have their four part-time drivers and three additional hired drivers help deliver flowers and plants throughout Metro Milwaukee for Mother’s Day. The week before Mother’s Day, employees work shifts from early morning to evening in order to take care of every customer by taking their orders, preparing floral arrangements, and hand-delivering arrangements to homes and workplaces.
1001 Milwaukee Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
888-445-5020 (toll free)
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!