If the launch of one new book is exciting, the launch of two new books is electrifying! Just ask South Milwaukee children’s author Janet Halfmann. Her picture book, “Fur and Feathers,” just released, and another, “Good Night, Little Sea Otter,” will come out this month.
To celebrate, Halfmann is inviting readers of all ages to a Double Book Launch Party at the South Milwaukee Public Library. South Milwaukee students are helping her celebrate by rehearsing to act out her books at the party. In addition, there will be games, prizes, snacks, and book selling and signing.
“Fur and Feathers” (Sylvan Dell Publishing) is a fun story of creativity, friendship, and animal coverings. When whipping winds whisk the clothes off Sophia's animal friends in a dream, she shares her clothes with them. Her kid outfits don’t work at all for the animals, so Sophia comes up with a creative plan, thanks to her grandma's huge sewing box.
“Good Night, Little Sea Otter” (Star Bright Books) is an endearing bedtime story featuring a baby sea otter who says “good night” to each and every one of his ocean friends. It seems like he'll never close his eyes! Finally, he settles down to sleep, cuddled in his mama’s loving arms in a cozy cradle of kelp.
Halfmann is the award-winning author of more than thirty children’s books, including “Little Skink’s Tail,” “Seven Miles to Freedom: The Robert Smalls Story,” and “Little Black Ant on Park Street.” Before becoming a children’s author, Halfmann was a daily newspaper reporter, children’s magazine editor, and a creator of coloring and activity books for Golden Books in Racine.
The free party for children and adults is from 6 to 7:45 pm Sept. 29 at the library, 1907 10th Avenue. For more info, call the library at 414-768-8195 or go to janethalfmann.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- Breakfast for a Brighter Tomorrow
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library
- Wixon Welcomes Jean Hansen, Logistics Manager
- BloodCenter and Brew City Bruisers to Host Blood Drive