If the launch of one new book is exciting, the launch of two new books is electrifying! Just ask South Milwaukee children’s author Janet Halfmann. Her picture book, “Fur and Feathers,” just released, and another, “Good Night, Little Sea Otter,” will come out this month.
To celebrate, Halfmann is inviting readers of all ages to a Double Book Launch Party at the South Milwaukee Public Library. South Milwaukee students are helping her celebrate by rehearsing to act out her books at the party. In addition, there will be games, prizes, snacks, and book selling and signing.
“Fur and Feathers” (Sylvan Dell Publishing) is a fun story of creativity, friendship, and animal coverings. When whipping winds whisk the clothes off Sophia's animal friends in a dream, she shares her clothes with them. Her kid outfits don’t work at all for the animals, so Sophia comes up with a creative plan, thanks to her grandma's huge sewing box.
“Good Night, Little Sea Otter” (Star Bright Books) is an endearing bedtime story featuring a baby sea otter who says “good night” to each and every one of his ocean friends. It seems like he'll never close his eyes! Finally, he settles down to sleep, cuddled in his mama’s loving arms in a cozy cradle of kelp.
Halfmann is the award-winning author of more than thirty children’s books, including “Little Skink’s Tail,” “Seven Miles to Freedom: The Robert Smalls Story,” and “Little Black Ant on Park Street.” Before becoming a children’s author, Halfmann was a daily newspaper reporter, children’s magazine editor, and a creator of coloring and activity books for Golden Books in Racine.
The free party for children and adults is from 6 to 7:45 pm Sept. 29 at the library, 1907 10th Avenue. For more info, call the library at 414-768-8195 or go to janethalfmann.com
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar