· A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 3600 block of East Holmes Avenue around 7:30 p.m. July 14, after a police officer saw the car pass, learned that the vehicle was stolen and found the car parked without the driver. The Milwaukee owner reclaimed the vehicle on the scene. The man who drove the car past police was not found.
· An 18-year-old Cudahy man was cited for attempted theft and disorderly conduct after he threatened a man who was a high-school rival with a knife and tried to steal a lawnmower outside the victim's home in the 3700 block of East Morris Avenue around 3:30 p.m. July 15.
· A $100, passenger-side window was smashed and a $100 cellphone stolen from a car parked in the 5000 block of Sheridan Drive sometime between 12:30 and 1:45 p.m. July 18.
· A $130 bike was stolen from the yard of a residence in the 3000 block of East Edgerton Avenue around 2:30 p.m. July 18, after it was left outside unsecured and unattended for about 15 minutes.
· A 28-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, in the 3400 block of East Layton Avenue around 1 a.m. July 14 after he failed to use his turn signal while driving a moped around the block. The man had a blood alcohol content of 0.15, and he was also cited for driving while his license was suspended and for an improper left turn.
· Graffiti was found on a sign in the roundabout at East College Avenue and Ace Industrial Road around 1 a.m. July 11. The sign was cleaned later that day at a cost of $250, according to county estimates.
· Three 18-year-old men, two from Cudahy and one from Oak Creek, were cited for underage consumption of alcohol during a traffic stop for speeding in the 3400 block of East Layton Avenue around 2 a.m. July 11. Portable breath tests indicated that the two Cudahy men had BACs of 0.01 and 0.05, and the Oak Creek man had a BAC of 0.17. The 18-year-old Cudahy man driving the car tested negative for alcohol.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property at his family's residence in the 3700 block of East Barnard Avenue around 2:30 a.m. July 15, after he loudly and drunkenly broke items in the house. The man threw items at police as they were coming up the stairs to the upper unit to arrest him, locked the doors, pretended to have fainted and physically tried to pull himself free of officers, resulting in the man being electronically shocked twice. He was also cited for resisting an officer.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 5000 block of South Packard Avenue around 1 a.m. July 20, after police caught him drunkenly urinating on the sidewalk. The man, at first with a puddle at his feet and penis in hand, loudly and profanely denied the incident. The man resisted officers while they were arresting him, and he spit on one of the officers. The man was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital for wounds he had been found with, including blood around his mouth and bleeding wounds on his face and both knees. He continued to resist and yell curses at officers, emergency responders and medical staff and was ultimately sedated for treatment. The man was cited for disorderly conduct, resisting an officer and assault by a prisoner. The man had a BAC of 0.34 and admitted to drinking a 30-pack of beer throughout the evening.
· The Cudahy Police Department responded to five incidents of domestic violence between July 14 and July 21.
· A 17-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for theft at Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., where she was employed around 7 p.m. July 12, after it was discovered that she had stolen $160 from her cash register in numerous incidents between July 6 and July 9.
· A diesel particulate filter was cut and stolen from the exhaust system of a car at KM Logistics, 4375 S. Kansas Ave., sometime between 6 p.m. July 13 and 10 a.m. July 15. The damage and replacement part will cost $4,500.
· A 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana in the 400 block of South Kingpan Avenue around 6:30 p.m. July 6, after a passerby reported smelling marijuana smoke around a car he and his girlfriend were occupying. The man had two marijuana cigarettes and about 0.6 grams of leaves in a medicine bottle. The girlfriend, a 28-year-old Milwaukee woman, was outside of the car when police arrived and was not arrested.
· A 27-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, during a traffic stop at Layton and Whitnall avenues around 2:30 a.m. July 14, after the police heard a loud crash from where the man hit a curb and punctured both of his driver's side tires. The man had a BAC of 0.13. He was also cited for having open intoxicants in the car, unsafe lane deviation, lacking proof of insurance and driving without a valid driver's license.
· A 66-year-old St. Francis man was cited for panhandling around 9:30 a.m. July 16, after a resident in the 2400 block of East Whittaker Avenue reported that the man came to her home multiple times July 15 and asked for money.
· Fifty dollars was stolen from a man at Sippens Bar in AMF South Park Lanes, 305 N. Chicago Ave., around 12:30 a.m. July 13 after the man left the money on the bar while he used the bathroom.
· A woman stole two cartons of cigarettes worth $126 from Speedway, 3102 S. Chicago Ave., around 3 a.m. July 13.
· A gold 1994 Honda Accord valued at $500 was stolen from the 1300 block of Mackinac Avenue sometime between midnight and 11 a.m. July 14.
· A $450 bike was stolen from a residence in the 1200 block of Montana Avenue sometime between the morning of July 14 and 3 p.m. July 17.
· A $75 bike was reported stolen outside of South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., around 5:30 p.m. July 15.
· A purse was reported stolen from a car parked at Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 7:30 p.m. July 15. The purse and its contents were valued at $75.
· A $250 dirt bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. July 15.
· The lock to a storage locker was reported cut and miscellaneous items valued at $100 were stolen inside of an apartment building in the 3400 block of South Chicago Avenue around 1:30 p.m. July 16.
· Miscellaneous items were stolen from an unlocked car behind a residence in the 500 block of Marshall Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. July 17 and 2 p.m. July 19.
· A green 1997 Honda Accord, valued at $500, was reported stolen from the 1300 block of Michigan Avenue around 2 a.m. July 17. The car was eventually recovered by the owner in the parking lot of Ed's South Milwaukee Arcade, 1200 Madison Ave., around 4 p.m. July 19, after the owner just happened to pass by and see it. The same car was stolen and recovered last week.
· A cellphone was reported stolen from the yard of a residence in the 1600 block of Blake Avenue around 12:30 p.m. July 18 while the residents were having a garage sale.
· The window of a car was reported smashed and miscellaneous items stolen from inside while the car was parked in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 4:30 p.m. July 18. The smashed window and stolen items were collectively valued at $378.
· The window of a car was smashed and several purses stolen from inside while the car was parked in the Seven Bridges lot of Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., sometime between 6:15 and 7:15 p.m. July 19. The smashed window, the stolen purses and their contents were valued at $706.
· A South Milwaukee man was attacked by two teenaged men at North Chicago and Elm avenues around 12:30 a.m. July 15. The two attackers pulled up to him in a brown Cadillac, punched him to the ground and escaped the scene in the Cadillac with green interior lighting. The man was hospitalized for a cut above his left eye that required stitches. The attackers did not steal anything from the man.
· A 24-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, at North Chicago and Davis avenues around 1 a.m. July 19 after he was seen swerving in his lane. He was also cited for expired registration. The man had a BAC of 0.22.
· Cudahy police received five separate reports of cars, and in one case a house as well, having been egged overnight all in the southwest corner of South Milwaukee between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. July 18. The incident where the house and cars were egged occurred in the 1600 and 1700 blocks of Columbia Avenue. The other reports came from the 1700 block of Sherman Avenue, and the 1600 block of Blake Avenue, the 3300 block of Blakewood Avenue. Additionally, lawn ornament swans were reported to have been moved into the driveway at a residence in the 3100 block of Sherman Court.
· A drinking fountain was found to have been kicked and severely damaged in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 12:30 p.m. July 19. The damage will cost about $500 to repair.
· A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for driving without a license and for driving with an open container of alcohol in the car, in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 8 p.m. July 13 after a caller reported the man was drinking and driving. The man was deemed sober enough to drive in field sobriety tests.
· A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy and a 16-year-old Milwaukee girl were arrested and cited for being in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., after hours, around 3 a.m. July 13. The boy was additionally cited for underage possession of alcohol, which he was carrying with him in the park.
· A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct at house near his residence in 700 block of Edgewood Avenue around 11 p.m. July 15 after he was banging on windows and doors in his residence loud enough for neighbors to call and report the incident. It was one of three police contacts with the man this week, including when they served him with a restraining order to stay away from his parents' house on Edgewood Avenue.
· A 48-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct ay Muskie's Gourmet House, 800 Milwaukee Ave., around 11 p.m. July 19 after he tackled and punched a 45-year-old South Milwaukee man. The two men had been arguing throughout the evening and had seemed to have resolved the dispute, when the victim put his arm around the offender, who then began the attack. The aggressor had a bloody nose, but the victim reported no serious injuries.
· The South Milwaukee Police Department responded to seven incidents of domestic violence between July 14 and July 21.
· A fire ignited from an electrical socket in a residential garage in the 500 block of Mackinac Avenue around 10 p.m. July 18. The homeowner was able to extinguish the fire with a garden hose before the fire department arrived.
· A can of gasoline started on fire in the yard in the 1300 block of Michigan Avenue around 1:30 a.m. July 18 after a man was working on a car and threw a lit cigarette in the yard near the can. The man fled the scene when the fire started, and a 16-year-old girl, whose stepmother owns the house was able to kick the can into the road and put it out with a fire extinguisher. The car was found to have been stolen from Milwaukee. The owner collected the car, but found tools, a CD visor with two CDs, a set of golf clubs and a cooler bag in the car that did not belong to him. These items were taken to the South Milwaukee police station.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12