South Milwaukee — A 45-year-old South Milwaukee woman was charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide last week after allegedly shooting her roommate multiple times in the head.
Police responded to a residence on the 300 block of Southtowne Place at 1:37 a.m. Sept. 26 where they found a 56-year-old man injured from several gunshot wounds to the head. Officers arrested Laura L. Saxton, the victim’s roommate. She was later charged by the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office with attempted first degree intentional homicide.
The victim was transported to Froedtert Hospital. According to the criminal complaint, he was shot with his own .22-caliber handgun Saxton allegedly stole from his bedroom two days before the incident. His right index finger was also wounded in the struggle and medical staff believed bullet fragments were lodged behind his right eye.
The victim has since been released from the hospital.
Saxton’s boyfriend was sleeping in her bedroom when she allegedly shot her roommate, who was laying down in his own bedroom at the time.
According to the criminal complaint, Saxton allegedly laid down next to the victim before firing bullets into his head. The victim was able to call police after being shot. Officers recovered a .22-caliber handgun, spent casings and bullet fragments when searching the residence.
Both Saxton and her boyfriend accused each other of plotting to poison the victim, according to the complaint.
Police are calling the shooting a domestic argument, South Milwaukee Police Capt. Jill Kallay said.
No other victims or suspects were involved.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Building residents cited after fight breaks out about mail
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue