· About $800 of scrap copper piping was stolen from a locked residential garage in the 3400 block of East Armour Avenue between Aug. 31 and Sept. 8. Entry was gained into the garage by breaking the padlock on the garage's overhead door.
· A $300 cellphone and a corresponding charger were stolen through the open window of a car parked in the lot of Kmart, 6077 S. Packard Ave., sometime between 5:10 and 5:25 p.m. Sept. 6.
· A small, $50 red bike was stolen from the front yard of a residence in the 3700 block of East Underwood Avenue between 8 p.m. Sept 6 and 11 a.m. Sept. 7.
· Three $5 packs of crayons and an $8 pack of manila folders were reported stolen from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 7:50 p.m. Sept. 7, after a man picked them up in the store and attempted to fraudulently return them for a refund with a receipt from another location. The man fled with the items when the store manager said that he understood the fraud that the man was trying to perform.
· A $100 marine battery was cut from the bottom of a camper and stolen while the camper was parked in the 3200 block of East Bottsford Avenue between 3 and 5 p.m. Sept. 10.
· A 20-year-old Greenfield woman was cited for battery around 5:30 p.m. Aug. 31, after she admitted striking an 18-year-old St. Francis man during an argument at a party in the 3700 block of East Somers Avenue around 1:30 a.m. the same day.
· A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, in the 4300 block of South Lake Drive at 1:23 a.m. Sept. 10 after an officer observed him make a wide left turn between two lanes and crossed into surrounding lanes twice more before being stopped. The man had a blood alcohol content of 0.13. He was also cited for unsafe lane deviation.
· The passenger-side rear door of a car was scratched while the car was parked in the 3700 block of East Mallory Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. Sept. 3 and 2 p.m. Sept. 4. The deep scratch will cost about $250 to repair.
· A 41-year-old Cudahy man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after he was arrested on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department warrant during a traffic stop near Kinnickinnic and Cudahy avenues at 9:13 Sept. 4. Inside the man's car, police found a glass tube with charred ends and other items that are associated with smoking crack cocaine, along with a small, untestable amount of white powder.
· Cudahy Police responded to two domestic incidents between Sept. 8 and Sept. 15.
· A large planter and an evergreen tree inside were damaged at an apartment building in the 4100 block of South Lake Drive after someone put hot coals in the planter sometime between 5 p.m. Sept 5 and 6 a.m. Sept 6. The heat of the coals melted areas on the rim of the planter and slightly scorched the base of the tree causing an estimated $350 in damages.
· A mailbox post was sheared from its base presumably by a passing car in the 1900 block of East Leroy Avenue between 10:15 and 11 a.m. Sept. 8. The three mailboxes attached to the post were undamaged by the collision.
· St. Francis Police responded to one incident of domestic violence on Sept. 5.
· Four vending machines were broken into and about $400 stolen inside Johnson Health Technologies North America, 2201 12th Ave., between 7 a.m. Sept. 7 and 5 a.m. Sept. 9 or early morning of Sept. 9. The victim estimated that about $100 was stolen from each machine and about $500 damage was inflicted on each machine for a total loss of about $2,400. Three machines are located in the lunch room and the other one is in the warehouse.
· Both license plates were stolen from a car while it was parked in the 1400 block of Missouri Avenue between 9 p.m. Sept. 5 and 5:30 p.m. Sept. 6.
· A $700 stereo system was stolen from a car parked in the 500 block of Southtowne Place between 8:30 p.m. Sept 6 and 8:30 a.m. Sept. 7. The victim reported that the car was locked, but there were no signs of forced entry on the car.
· A $99 battery was reported stolen from a camper parked in a residential driveway in the 2300 block of Fourth Avenue at 8:28 a.m. Sept. 7.
· A $3,000 boat motor locked to a boar was stolen from the public parking lot behind a residence in the 1200 block of Manitoba Avenue between 9:30 a.m. Sept. 7 and 11:45 a.m. Sept. 8.
· A $30 five-gallon gas can was reported stolen from the bed of a truck while it was parked in the 3500 block of Fourth Avenue at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 11.
· A $50 replica of a Picasso painting was stolen from the lobby of an apartment building in the 1200 block of Memorial Drive between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Sept. 12.
· A $700 stereo face plate was stolen from a car parked in the 2400 block of Nicholson Avenue at between 2 and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 11. During this complaint, officers also received a report that two white solar lights and a green folding chair had been stolen from the porch of another residence in the building in case around 7 a.m. Sept. 12 by man riding by on a bike.
· A $713 desktop computer was stolen from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 12:49 p.m. Sept. 12, by an unidentified man.
· A 30-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of marijuana, possession of corresponding paraphernalia and disorderly conduct at her residence in the 1700 block of Rawson Avenue at 5:57 p.m. Sept. 11. Police arrived on the scene after the woman reported that she had been attacked by a 23-year-old Milwaukee woman who was collecting her possessions from the residence, inflicting a small but deep laceration on the victim's head. While investigating, police noticed marijuana, later weighed in as 33.2 grams, as well as plastic bags and other items consistent with using or distributing it laying on a bed, which the victim admitted were hers. Both women were arrested, the aggressor for domestic violence-related battery and bail jumping.
· A 31-year-old West Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, during a traffic stop near Chicago and Marion avenues at 10:41 p.m. Sept. 7 after another driver called police and followed the man. After police pulled in behind the driver following the car, officers observed the man drift across the center line twice in two blocks and pulled the man over. The man had a BAC of 0.24. He was additionally cited for unsafe lane deviation.
· A 21-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, in the 500 block of Columbia Avenue at 12:58 a.m. after a nearby resident heard a crash and saw the man's truck pull away from a tree on that block and drive away. Nearby police followed tire tracks and scrapes on the road consistent with someone driving with a flat tire to a residence in the 700 block of Drexel Avenue, where a truck was parked that had damage to its front end and wood embedded in its fender. Police made contact with the man there and arrested him. The man had a BAC of 0.18. He was also cited leaving the scene of an accident. An estimated $200 of damage was inflicted on the tree.
· A $300 bedroom window was found broken at an apartment in the 1600 block of Marion Avenue at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 8. The victim said that room is rarely used and the window could have been broken any time between 3 p.m. Aug. 23 and the day it was reported.
· A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for resisting an officer and violating a restraining order at a residence in the 700 block of Edgewood Avenue at 7:05 p.m. Sept. 7 after a resident reported that the man was at the home in violation of the order. As police were about to arrest the man for the order violation, he became resistive and made aggressive movements toward officers, prompting an officer to electronically shock him. Police took the man to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital for medical clearance and then took him to the Criminal Justice Facility in Milwaukee.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for obstructing an officer on the corner of Fifth and Manistique avenues at 7:34 p.m. Sept. 9 after the car she was riding in broke down and police stopped to assist. The female driver of the car had fled the scene before police arrived, and the woman refused to identify the female driver out of fear that there might be a warrant out for her arrest, which prompted police to arrest her for obstructing. Another passenger, a 20-year-old South Milwaukee woman and the owner of the car, did not know the full name of the driver and was not arrested.
· South Milwaukee police responded to eight domestic incidents between Sept. 7 and Sept. 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5