· A 42-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for shoplifting four bottles of whiskey, valued at $46 each, Oct. 24 from Pick 'n Save, 5851 S. Packard Ave.
· A 52-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for retail theft after taking electrotherapy pads and a package of heating rub from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 25.
· A bicycle valued at $100 was taken from outside a home in the 3600 block of East Edgerton Avenue during the morning of Oct. 27.
· An aluminum pull cart, valued at $40, was taken from a front yard in the 6100 block of South Kirkwood Avenue between 4:30 and 5 p.m. Oct. 28.
· A Milwaukee woman reported a theft from her car overnight Oct. 28 or 29 while she was parked in an alley behind the 3600 block of East Underwood Avenue. A small zipper bag containing the woman's driver's license was taken, and plastic around the steering column was missing, indicating an attempt was made to steal the car. There were no signs of forced entry.
· Police are investigating thefts overnight Oct. 29 or 30 from four vehicles parked at RK Towing, 5179 S. Whitnall Ave. Items with a combined value of about $900 were taken from three trucks and a trailer.
· A 16-year-old Cudahy male was cited for retail theft after shoplifting three bottles of liquor from Pick 'n Save, 5851 S. Packard Ave., at 4:22 p.m. Nov. 1. The juvenile told police he took two bottles of rum and a bottle of vodka intending to resell them.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee woman faces two battery charges and a citation for underage alcohol consumption after an incident the evening of Oct. 26 at a rooming house at 5252 S. Packard Ave. According to police reports, the South Milwaukee woman was drinking with a 23-year-old male resident who asked her to leave and called the manager when the South Milwaukee woman became loud and disorderly. The South Milwaukee woman allegedly struck the man on the head with a bottle and punched the manager, a 52-year-old Cudahy woman.
· A 56-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated at 2:44 a.m. Oct. 27 in the parking lot of St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive. Police had followed him along South Lake Drive, where he was driving without head or tail lights at a very slow rate of speed. His blood alcohol content was 0.28.
· A 32-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for operating while intoxicated and operating after revocation being stopped in the 2000 block of East Layton Avenue at 11:07 p.m. Oct. 31. According to police reports he had been driving northbound erratically along South Pennsylvania Avenue before being stopped. He was also cited for unsafe lane deviation and operating without insurance. His BAC was 0.18.
· A 32-year-old Cudahy man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct after loudly refusing to leave a friend's apartment in the 5600 block of South Buckhorn Avenue at 11:19 p.m. Oct. 31. The man, who possessed a crack pipe, was also found to be violating probation from a previous burglary, so he was turned over to sheriff's deputies.
· Cudahy police responded to two domestic violence incidents between Oct. 25 and Nov. 1.
· Two hammer drills valued at $1,200 and $500 respectively, and a tool kit valued at $450 were taken overnight Oct. 25 or 26 from a truck parked in a driveway in the 1800 block of East Leroy Avenue.
· A 39-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for battery after a fight with a 33-year-old Cudahy man after 2 a.m. Oct. 27 outside the Red Bar, 2247 E. St. Francis Ave. The 39-year-old told police he "felt threatened like he was going to get jumped" by three or four individuals, including the victim, and "struck someone to defend himself." The victim was treated at St. Luke's South Shore Hospital in Cudahy. The 39-year-old was treated at St. Francis Hospital in Milwaukee, but test results were negative for any broken bones or concussions.
· A female student at South Milwaukee Middle School reported a male student at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., took her hat after school Oct. 25.
· A 1996 Toyota was taken from a driveway in the 600 block of Badger Avenue overnight Oct. 26 or 27.
· A purse and wallet were taken from an unlocked office at AMF South Park Lanes, 305 N. Chicago Ave., the evening of Oct. 29.
· A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for theft after shoplifting cigarettes and a bottle of brandy at 1:41 p.m. Oct. 30 at Kings Row Liquor, 1202 Milwaukee Ave.
· A 23-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for possession of marijuana at about 7 p.m. Oct. 27 in the 900 block of Milwaukee Avenue. Police had responded to a report of a possible drug deal in the area. The man denied selling any drugs, but admitted possessing marijuana. He had not paid a prior fine for retail theft and was taken to the Milwaukee County Jail.
· A 29-year-old Las Vegas woman was arrested for operating while intoxicated at 1:38 a.m. Oct. 25 in the 1600 block of Milwaukee Avenue. The woman's blood alcohol content was 0.13.
· A 23-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for operating while intoxicated at 1:52 a.m. Oct. 26 in the 1400 block of Milwaukee Avenue. His BAC was 0.24.
· A 44-year-old South Milwaukee man received five citations, including one for operating while intoxicated, after a collision at 9:25 p.m. Oct. 29 at Hawthorne and Fairview avenues. The man, traveling west, struck a car parked in the 600 block of Hawthorne.
· A South Milwaukee woman was cited for following too close after a chain-reaction collision at 3:12 p.m. Oct. 25 at 16th and Rawson avenues. The woman, traveling east on Rawson, struck a car driven by an Oak Creek woman, which suffered moderate damage. A third car, driven by another South Milwaukee woman, sustained "very minor" damage.
· A Franklin woman was cited for failure to yield right of way after an accident at 3:20 p.m. Oct. 26 at 17th and Minnesota avenues. The Franklin woman, turning left from Minnesota to go northbound on 17th, pulled in front of a car going southbound on 17th and was struck by the southbound vehicle, driven by a South Milwaukee woman.
· A 28-year-old Racine man struck a no parking sign at 10th and Milwaukee avenues while southbound on 10th at 3:40 p.m. Oct. 26. The man said his gas pedal was stuck. He was cited for operating while suspended, and failure to report an accident.
· A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for criminal damage to property after engaging in a fight in a men's room at Bottoms Up, 500 Madison Ave., at 12:02 a.m. Oct. 27. A toilet was broken, with damage estimated at $150.
· A resident of the 1200 block of Madison Avenue reported his vehicle was scratched on the passenger side the morning of Oct. 27. Damage was estimated at $300.
· Graffiti was found in Area 7 at Grant Park, 215 Lake Drive, the morning of Oct. 29. Damage was estimated at $100.
· Windows were shot out at a residence in the 1000 block of Cherry Street reported Oct. 30.
· Police were called Oct. 24 to an apartment in the 800 block of Marquette Avenue, where a snake was found dead by a South Milwaukee Health Department employee, and pet rats had no food or water. Pet lizards, snakes and rats were taken by Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control, after a MADAC employee at the scene said he believed the animals would be neglected, since there was no heat or electricity in the apartment.
· Two 19-year-old Milwaukee males and a 15-year-old Milwaukee female were found drinking liquor near the Seven Bridges area of Grant Park,215 Lake Drive, at 10:47 p.m., Oct. 26, after the park was closed.
· Police are investigating an incident the morning of Oct. 27, when an unidentified male used $320 in counterfeit currency to make a purchase at Speedway, 2301 10th Ave.
· South Milwaukee police responded to five domestic violence incidents between Oct. 24 and 30.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police report: Dec. 15
- Police Report: Dec. 8
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Police report: Nov. 18
- Police Report: Nov. 11