· A 1996 Buick, valued at $400, was taken from an alley apron in the 3700 block of East Underwood Avenue sometime Oct. 29. The car was recovered by Milwaukee police Oct. 30.
· A purse, containing two credit cards, was stolen at Cudahy Dental Associates, 6217 S. Packard Ave., sometime Oct. 31. More than $700 in unauthorized purchases were made with the cards Oct. 31.
· A 42-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for retail theft after she took $340 of items from Kmart, 6077 S. Packard Ave., at 4:04 p.m. Nov. 4.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for retail theft taking a bottle of ibuprofen valued at $23 from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., around 8 p.m. Nov. 5.
· Police are investigating a shoplifting incident at 1:19 p.m. Nov. 7 at Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave. An employee saw a male customer take two packs of razors without paying. When the employee confronted the man, he threw the razors to the floor and fled to a waiting car. The employee believes the man also took other items, possibly including a pack of batteries.
· A 25-year-old St. Francis man was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer after he was found walking in the traffic lanes at Layton and Kingan avenues at 11:13 p.m. Oct. 27. The man was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, where he "continued to make statements he was a horse and everyone is pretty and refused to cooperate with officers and medical staff." Police reported the man showed signs of being hallucinated and said he had injected "mushrooms."
· A 53-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after he was observed speeding and drifting over the center line heading south in the 6200 block of South Barland Avenue at 4:36 p.m. Nov. 1. His blood alcohol content was 0.16.
· A BMW motorcycle, valued at $15,000, was found Oct. 30 in the 5200 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue. The motorcycle had been stolen in Chicago.
· Police are investigating an apparent scam that victimized a Cudahy woman. The woman told police Nov. 3 she attempted to purchase a bird through Craigslist, but was unable to obtain the bird after sending $250 to an unknown source in Las Vegas.
· A a video game and console with a combined value of $405 were stolen from a residence in the 2700 block of East Allerton Avenue on or before Oct. 22. Police cited a 21-year-old homeless man who formerly lived with the victim. The citation was sent to his last known address in Milwaukee.
· A purse containing a U.S. visa and $1,050 in cash was stolen at 12:43 p.m. Oct. 26 while the victim shopped at Value Village, 3100 E. Layton Ave.
· An SUV in the 2900 block of East Bolivar Avenue was vandalized twice in a week. On Oct. 28, lug nuts were loosened on the vehicle, causing the front passenger side tire to fall off. Overnight Nov. 1 or 2, a tire was slashed.
· Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., reported receiving a counterfeit $10 bill at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 3 from a Cudahy woman. The woman told police she had received the bill in question Nov. 2 or 3 in change at a business in Cudahy or Milwaukee.
· A 38-year-old man was cited for criminal trespass after entering a vacant home in the 4000 block of South Kansas Avenue. The man, who was picked up at 2 p.m. Nov. 3, said he was homeless and had once lived at the home, formerly owned by his stepsister.
· An unknown male stole a hooded shirt valued at $30 from Dollar General, 1131 Marquette Ave., at 12:20 p.m. Nov. 1.
· A 19-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for retail theft after shoplifting $48 of meat from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 8 p.m. Nov. 5.
· A set of keys were stolen from an Oak Creek woman at Subway, 1131 Marquette Ave., at 4:27 p.m. Nov. 6.
· Police are investigating a fight at Bottoms Up, 500 Madison Ave., at 11:50 p.m. Nov. 2. A 21-year-old South Milwaukee man allegedly punched a 27-year-old Oak Creek man after an argument during a dice game.
· A 40-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with two counts of battery after an incident at 2:32 a.m. Nov. 7. According to police reports, the man struck his girlfriend, then pushed the woman's 17-year-old daughter and punched her 15-year-old son.
· A 23-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated and two counts of hit and run after crashing into several parked cars in the 3600 block of 15th Avenue and the 1300 block of Blake Avenue after 2 a.m. Nov. 1.
· A male driver going northbound on Mill Road collided with a deer at 12:18 p.m. Nov. 6, causing his windshield to shatter.
· A South Milwaukee woman's car parked in the 1300 block of Madison Avenue was struck by a garbage truck at 2:27 p.m. Nov. 6. The driver of the truck, owned by Aetna Moving and Storage Co., told police the truck had rolled backward into the car after the parking brake failed.
· A vehicle's tires were slashed in the 500 block of Southtowne Drive overnight Oct. 31 or Nov. 11.
· A resident of the 3100 block of Seventh Avenue reported three boys were hitting her mailbox with a bat the afternoon of Nov. 2. Police reported contacting the boys, who agreed to repair the damage.
· A window on a home in the 900 block of Lake Drive was reported broken the morning of Nov. 4.
· An unknown person threw a rock through the passenger side window of a car parked in the 1200 block of Menomonee Avenue on Nov. 5.
· Police are investigating the breaking of windows at a home and garage in the 1200 block of Marquette Avenue the evening of Nov. 7. According to police, the owner of the home said a fight broke out during a party thrown by his son, with a guest causing the damage.
· Residents of a house in the 1300 block of Michigan Avenue told police four people pounded on their doors before 8:45 p.m. Nov. 1, demanding residents come outside. Police were unable to locate any of the four, who reportedly were armed with a baseball bat. An extra watch was placed on the house.
· Three people were cited for underage alcohol consumption after police broke up a party at 3:13 a.m. Nov. 3 at a house in the 1300 block of Sherman Avenue. Those arrested were two South Milwaukee males, ages 17 and 18, and an 18-year-old Milwaukee woman.
· A 43-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for harboring a vicious animal after incidents with other dogs at the Little League field in the 700 block of Drexel Avenue. In an incident Nov. 6, the man's dog bit another dog, causing an injury on the neck. The 43-year-old voluntarily reimbursed the owner of the bitten dog for the cost of veterinary care.
· Yard waste was illegally dumped Nov. 4 on former church property in the 1800 block of 16th Avenue.
· South Milwaukee police responded to five domestic violence incidents between Oct. 31 and Nov. 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 13