· A $300 television was stolen from a residence in the 5700 block of South Lake Drive sometime between 6 p.m. July 20 and noon July 21. The television was the only item missing and no signs of forced entry were found at the scene.
· The Grange Food Market, 2916 E. Grange Ave., was broken into and about $1,565 of merchandise was stolen from the store sometime between 11 p.m. July 24 and 8 a.m. July 25. Entry was gained to the store by prying open the back door. The stolen items consisted of $1,026 of cigarettes of numerous brands, $144 of wine and beer and a $395 tablet. The door that was pried open will also cost about $1,000 to replace. Neither the store's alarm nor its security cameras were functioning at the item of the burglary.
· An unlocked $200 bike was stolen from a rack at Cudahy High School, 4950 S. Lake Drive, sometime between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. July 22.
· A 33-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft at O'Brien Steel, 6001 S. Pennsylvania Ave., around 3 p.m. July 23, in connection with $4,632 of missing steel plates. The theft of about 10,700 pounds of steel was discovered on July 12, but a database of pawn and scrap metal sales indicated that the man, an employee of the company, had sold 10,300 pounds of the same kind of steel to Auto & Scrap Recyclers, 3800 W. Mill Road, in Milwaukee, on July 2.
· A $400 pair of prescription sunglasses was stolen from an unlocked car parked in a driveway in the 5600 block of South Quality Avenue sometime during the evening of July 23 or the morning of July 24.
· A 19-year-old Greendale woman was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, during a traffic stop in the 3000 block of East Layton Avenue around 8 a.m. July 11, after she was seen speeding past other cars and swerving across a double line. The woman had a blood alcohol content of 0.06, which would have been within the legal limit had she been 21. A 19-year-old Milwaukee woman also in the car was cited for underage consumption of alcohol.
· A 35-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, in the parking lot of Citgo, 4570 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., around 4 p.m. July 17, after another driver saw her driving erratically and followed her to the gas station. The other driver spotted the woman on the freeway near State Fair Park in West Allis and reported that she suddenly changed lanes without a signal, lunged toward and then away from off-ramps, and drove at widely fluctuating speeds, often nearly causing collisions and forcing cars to swerve to avoid her. When police found the woman, she was sleeping in the driver's seat with the ignition on and had a 5-liter box of wine with her, some of which she had poured into a plastic bottle and later admitted to drinking while driving. A portable breath test indicated that the woman's BAC was 0.33, and the responding officer immediately called for an ambulance, which took her to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital. The woman gave a blood sample at the hospital, but her official BAC is not yet available.
· A 27-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, during a traffic stop over a burned-out headlamp in the 4700 block of South Packard Avenue around 1:30 a.m. July 21. The man had a BAC of 0.12. He was also cited for the headlamp and not having proof of insurance.
· Graffiti was drawn on the walls of O'Reilley Auto Parts, 6001 S. Packard Ave., sometime between 9 p.m. July 18 and 8 a.m. July 19. The graffiti consisted of the letters "AK" written in blue marker on the north and west sides of the building, as well as the word "cold" painted in brown. The ink and paint will cost an estimated $1 to remove.
· The door to a vacant apartment on the 5500 block of South Illinois Avenue was found kicked in with about $300 in damages around 7 p.m. July 20. The damage was linked to a 15-year-old Cudahy girl, but no charges or citations were issued on account of the damage being handled privately.
· Graffiti was found on north side of Payday Loans, 5801 S. Packard Ave., around 1:30 p.m. July 23. The word "sly" was found in red on a Dumpster and illegible cursive writing in blue was found on the building itself. The damage will cost about $50 to remove.
· The driver's side tail light lens of a car was cracked while it was parked in the driveway of a residence in the 5800 block of South Indiana Avenue sometime between midnight and 9 a.m. July 23. The light will cost $100 to replace.
· The driver's side of a truck was scratched while it was parked in the 3100 block of East Holmes Avenue sometime between 5 p.m. July 26 and 10:30 a.m. June 27. The damage will cost about $300 to repair.
· A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for obstructing an officer after he stopped for speeding in the 5000 block of South Lake Drive around 5:30 p.m. July 20, and gave a false identity to police.
· Cudahy Police responded to one incident of domestic violence between July 20 and July 27.
No reportable incidents
· An unlocked car was reported entered and items valued at $157 were stolen from inside at Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave, around 9:30 p.m. July 20.
· A $300 bike was reported stolen from the yard of a residence in the 3600 block of Third Avenue around noon July 22.
· An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man and a 15-year-old South Milwaukee boy were arrested for shoplifting, second offense for both, at Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., around 1:30 p.m. July 22, after they attempted to steal about $40 of merchandise.
· The driver's side window of a car was reported smashed and a purse and a wallet stolen from inside at Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 2:30 p.m. July 22.
· An unlocked car was entered and items valued at $455 were stolen from inside at Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., sometime between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. July 22.
· Twenty-five packages of "Magic the Gathering" cards were stolen from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., around 1 a.m. July 24, by two unidentified men wearing hooded shirts.
· Three tablets were reported stolen from a residence in the 1300 block of Milwaukee Avenue around 11 a.m. July 25. One of the tablets was recovered after records showed that the resident's ex-boyfriend had sold it at a nearby Gamestop. The ex-boyfriend, a 23-year-old South Milwaukee man, has not yet been located, but will be cited for theft. The two tablets that are still missing are worth $299 each.
· Seven bronze-colored, solar yard lights were stolen from a residence in the 800 block of Marshall Avenue during the morning of July 26.
· An 18-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for shoplifting at Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., just after noon July 26, after she attempted to steal about $120 of clothing.
· A purse with contents valued at $50 was stolen at a festival near 16th and Manitoba avenues around 10:30 p.m. July 26.
A man and a woman, both 19 from Greenfield, were arrested in the Seven Bridges parking lot in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., around 7 p.m. July 25, after marijuana and related paraphernalia was found in their car. The man was arrested for marijuana possession and the woman was arrested for drug paraphernalia.
· A 61-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, in the 900 block of Madison Avenue around 6 p.m. July 25, after he hit a parked car while he was trying to park and walked off of the scene. The man was found nearby and admitted to causing the accident. His BAC was 0.10.
· A 52-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, around 12:30 a.m. July 26, after multiple traffic stops. The first traffic stop at Fifth and Montana avenues was for not using a turn signal, but the man seemed in good health. After that, the man, failed to stop at a stop sign and then swerved across a double line and nearly hit a parked car on the other side of the road, and he was stopped again at Fifth and Michigan avenues. A field examination suggested that the man was under the influence of opiates, and he was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital for a blood draw. The results of the test are not yet available.
· A car was scratched while it was parked in the 800 block of Minnesota Avenue sometime during the evening of July 20 and the early morning of July 21, causing about $300 of damage.
· Tires were slashed on six cars while they were parked in the 1200 blocks of Monroe and Milwaukee avenues between 11 p.m. July 20 and 8 a.m. July 21.
· Several light fixtures in Grant Park, !00 Hawthorne Ave., were reported broken around 10 a.m. July 24.
· Two privately owned benches were reported damaged in the 700 block of Milwaukee Avenue around 1 p.m. July 25.
· Two cars were found egged by police around 1:30 a.m. July 25. One car was parked in the 1700 block of Edgewood Avenue and the other was parked in the 3400 block of Willow Lane.
· Three tires were slashed on a car while it was parked in the 2800 block of South Chicago Avenue sometime during the evening of July 25 and the early morning of July 26.
· Two South Milwaukee men, 47 and 48 years old, were arrested for disorderly conduct outside of their residences in the 1200 block of Milwaukee Avenue around 4:30 p.m. July 21, after a fight between them. The older man pounded on the younger man's door looking to fight, and the younger man came outside with a gun and chased the other man.
· Two men in gray sweatshirts were seen sifting through the contents of unlocked cars parked along the 400 block of Bay Heights Road around 2:30 a.m. July 24. Police reported a similar incident occurred last week. In both incidents, nothing was reported stolen, only the contents of unlocked cars out of place.
· A 23-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for disorderly conduct at a residence in the 1300 block of Monroe Avenue around 2 a.m. July 25, after she loudly, drunkenly and profanely caused a disturbance in front of police while they were investigating a different complaint at another apartment.
· A man was bit on the hand by a dog as he was trying to hang a flier on the door of a residence in the 1800 block of Missouri Avenue around 8:30 a.m. July 26. and taken by a friend to St. Luke's at 1831 Missouri Ave around 8:30 a.m. July 26. The man also scraped his knee and elbow as he fell during the incident. The dog was quarantined for 10 days.
· A 21-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed at his residence in the 1700 block of Milwaukee Avenue around 7:30 p.m. July 26, after he attempted to confront a man armed with a gun at 17th and Milwaukee avenues, just down the block. The aggressor accused the man and his wife of staring at him while he was riding his bike down the street, got off his bike and walked toward them while pulling out two knives. The 58-year-old South Milwaukee man with his wife pulled up his shirt to reveal a holstered pistol and, quoting the film "The Untouchables," advised the man that he should not have brought a knife to a gunfight. The man rode away on his bike, but was found and arrested at his residence with both knives. Marijuana paraphernalia was also found at his residence, for which he was cited.
· South Milwaukee Police responded to 10 incidents of domestic violence between July 20 and July 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015