Editor's note: Due to the Christmas holiday, police reports were gathered Dec. 23.
A 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for obstructing police after he was pulled over for speeding in the 5600 block of South Packard Avenue on Dec. 16. Police determined that the man had an outstanding warrant of $369 for an unpaid fine on a disorderly conduct violation.
A digital media player and charger valued at $230 were taken along with $8 in cash from an unlocked car parked in the 4500 block of South Whitnall Avenue on Dec. 22. In a separate theft from another vehicle on the same date at the same location, a digital media player and phone charger valued at $205 were taken from an unlocked car.
A 55-year-old Palm Coast, Fla. man was arrested for causing injury by intoxicated use of a motor vehicles following a three-car chain reaction crash at the intersection of Howard and Iowa avenues on Dec. 18. The man, who was driving a rental car, rear-ended a car stopped at the intersection, which pushed it forward, causing it to strike another vehicle. Two occupants of the other two cars involved in the crash were treated and released from St. Francis Hospital for contusions they suffered in the accident. The Florida man's blood alcohol content was 0.25.
A GPS navigation unit valued at $100 was taken from an unlocked car parked in the 3300 block of Fifth Avenue by two unknown males who fled in a tan car on Dec. 20.
A garage door was spray-painted with a profane statement in the 1600 block of Menomonee Avenue, resulting in $200 damage on Dec. 19-20.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10