A Milwaukee man was cited for battery and criminal damage to property after a confrontation about pedestrians crossing an intersection April 22.
According to the South Milwaukee police report:
The 23-year-old Milwaukee man was one of four pedestrians who crossed the intersection of College and North Chicago avenues against a do-not-walk signal about 3 p.m. April 22.
A 56-year-old South Milwaukee man honked at the group, and the Milwaukee man claimed the driver flipped them off. The Milwaukee man said he cursed the driver, who confronted him in the Taco Bell parking lot, 112 N. Chicago Ave.
The South Milwaukee man "said he only wanted to tell the subject he should not be flipping off people," when the Milwaukee man struck him in the face with a skateboard, breaking his glasses and causing a laceration above his left eye.
The Milwaukee man told police he thought the older man would "jump him," and "seemed defiant," telling him he would find witnesses' names, and "did not seem remorseful for his actions."
The Milwaukee man was cited for battery and criminal damage to property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Building residents cited after fight breaks out about mail
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014