· A Milwaukee man reported Jan. 17 that the battery was stolen from his car while he worked at Wetzel Bros., 2401 E. Edgerton Ave. The driver's side rear wing window was also broken, causing $80 damage.
· A resident of the 3900 block of East Elser Avenue reported he forgot to close his garage door overnight Jan. 17 and 18. Thieves took advantage, taking a snowblower and three power tools, with a combined value of $480.
· A 60-year-old Cudahy man reported $1,300 worth of tools taken from his unlocked vehicle between 6:15 and 6:30 p.m. Jan. 23 while he was inside Jane's Popcorn, 2433 E. Layton Ave. The owner of Jane's reported a $25 bag of cat food was taken from his car during the same time period.
· A resident of the 3600 block of East Layton Avenue reported her car was scratched between 11 p.m. Jan. 11 and 5 p.m. Jan. 12. Damage was estimated at $1,554.
· According to police reports, an unidentified teenage male came to a home in the 3700 block of East Adams Avenue at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 16, demanding to see a 15-year-old Cudahy male. The 15-year-old's father, who lived in the Adams Avenue home, told him the 15-year-old wasn't there. The visitor said "someone from this house ripped me off for some pot on Facebook." The father told him "no one from this house ripped you off" and ordered him to leave. The male displayed a revolver as he left.
· A 12-year-old St. Francis boy was arrested and referred to Children's Court after bringing an plastic pellet gun to Deer Creek Intermediate School, 3680 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., on Jan. 15.
· A 20-year-old West Allis woman was cited for theft at 6:55 p.m. Jan. 17 after taking a cellphone, valued at $50, from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave. At the same time her companion, a 30-year-old Milwaukee woman, was cited for obstructing after she gave police a false name.
· A 28-year-old Chicago man was cited for theft at 11:08 p.m. Jan. 17 after allegedly taking $20 from his girlfriend, who lives in the 3600 block of Ninth Avenue. The man was arrested on a Milwaukee County Transit System bus parked at South Chicago and Sherman avenues.
· A rear license plate was stolen off a car parked behind the 800 block of Milwaukee Avenue overnight Jan. 17 or 18.
· A boy and two girls who attend South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., were cited for disorderly conduct after a fight outside the school at 3:20 p.m. Jan. 16.
· A 16-year-old South Milwaukee male was cited for possession of marijuana just after midnight Jan. 17. According to police reports, the male, who lives in the 1200 block of Milwaukee Avenue, took a car registered to his father and left it in the 1300 block of Missouri Avenue. The male was found at his girlfriend's home in the 1300 block of Rawson Avenue.
· A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated, fourth offense, at 5:22 p.m. Jan. 21 after being stopped in the 1600 block of Milwaukee Avenue.
· A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for failure to yield after a collision at 6:07 p.m. Jan. 20 at College and North Chicago avenues. According to police reports, the Milwaukee driver was westbound on College and was turning left onto North Chicago when he struck an eastbound vehicle driven by a 29-year-old Oak Creek man.
· A resident of the 500 block of Southtowne Drive had his parked car sideswiped overnight Jan. 21 or 22. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
· Police are investigating unauthorized withdrawl of $160 from Educators Credit Union, 1201 Marquette Ave., at 11:09 a.m. Jan. 16. The victim was a Milwaukee woman.
· A resident of the 1100 block of Milwaukee Avenue told police Jan. 17 his 14- and 15-year-old sons used his credit card to purchase Facebook games. The father "did not want to press charges against either of them, because he would end up paying the fines." He instead asked an officer to speak to his sons, whom he also suspected were using marijuana. The officer "explained the charges that would be brought if this activity continued. Both admitted using their father's credit card without his consent and apologized."
· An apartment in the 1500 block of 17th Avenue was the subject of three noise complaints during the weekend of Jan. 18 and 19. A 14-year-old male was apparently blasting music. On Jan. 19 police reported receiving a phone call from the boy's father. "He stated he was out of town for the weekend for a job interview. He stated he will not be leaving his son home alone again due to the complaints."
· An eighth-grade girl who attends South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., was cited for disorderly conduct after an incident at 3 p.m. Jan. 20. According to police reports, students were instructed by a teacher to wait outside for rides, the girl refused to leave the building and cursed the teacher.
· South Milwaukee police responded to four domestic violence incidents between Jan. 17 and 23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10