· A license plate was stolen off an SUV parked behind a home in the 3700 block of East Carpenter Avenue sometime between Jan. 2 and 4.
· A Milwaukee man working at Joy-Mark Fiber Ceramics, 2121 E. Norse Ave., reported prescription medicine was stolen from his locker between 3:30 and 8 p.m. Jan. 4.
· A license plate was stolen off a truck in the 6100 block of South Delaware Avenue. The owner learned of the theft Jan. 5 when the Waukesha County Sheriff's Office notified Cudahy police of a gasoline theft by a driver using the stolen plate.
· A 33-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for battery after scratching and punching her 31-year-old boyfriend at 6:45 p.m. Jan. 6 at their apartment in the 5600 block of South Buckhorn Avenue. The victim told police the incident was triggered by an argument about her drinking.
· A 21-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property after attacking his 62-year-old father just before 6 a.m. Jan. 10 at their home in the 3900 block of East Grange Avenue. During his rage, the son smashed a door and two windows and overturned a table, causing combined damage estimated at $120. According to police reports, the son "labels himself as psychotic" and has been drinking heavily.
· A 24-year-old Franklin woman was cited for operating while intoxicated and operating after revocation at 1:09 a.m. Jan. 5 after driving erratically for several blocks along South Swift Avenue before she was stopped in the 4900 block. Her blood alcohol content was 0.23.
· Two 18-year-old Milwaukee men face several charges including fleeing and eluding an officer after a high-speed chase after 8 p.m. Jan. 4. According to police reports, an officer attempted to stop the driver for speeding in the 5700 block of South Packard Avenue, but the driver fled over Packard, East Ramsey and South Pennsylvania avenues at speeds as high as 75 miles per hour. When the driver reached the Lake Parkway, he entered the southbound lanes driving north for about a quarter of a mile before attempting to cross the median. This attempt rendered the car immobile. The two 18-year-olds fled on foot, but were captured shortly afterward.
· A resident of the 4500 block of South Whitnall Avenue reported his car was sideswiped just after 8 p.m. Jan. 5. There was $150 in damage to the driver's side mirror.
· A package of rubber floor mats, valued at $75, was taken from a front porch in the 2800 block of Ninth Avenue between 12:30 and 3 p.m. Jan. 2.
· A 66-year-old Cudahy woman reported her purse was taken about 12:10 p.m. Jan. 4 while she was riding a Milwaukee County Transit System bus along Fifth Avenue. The purse contained a house key and two credit cards.
· A 14-year-old South Milwaukee male reported his cellphone, valued at $200, was taken between 1:30 and 2:45 p.m. Jan. 4 while he was playing basketball at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
· An unidentified male took two blankets from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 10:07 a.m. Jan. 5.
· A laptop was reported taken from a home in the 1300 block of Marquette Avenue at 3:50 p.m. Jan. 9.
· Police are investigating an incident at about 1:30 a.m. Jan. 4 at Bottoms Up, 500 Madison Ave. According to police reports, an unidentified male smashed a beer bottle over the head of a 35-year-old South Milwaukee man three times. The victim was treated at St. Luke's South Shore Hospital in Cudahy and received several stitches.
· A 28-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for operating while intoxicated at 10:03 p.m. Jan. 4 in her garage in the 400 block of Michigan Avenue. The woman, whose license had been revoked, was seen driving in the 700 block of Marquette Avenue. The woman has a previous South Milwaukee conviction for operating while intoxicated, and two open OWI cases in Milwaukee County. Her BAC was 0.20.
· A 34-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated after she was found screaming and sitting in a snowbank in the 1600 block of Manitoba Avenue at 2:28 a.m. Jan. 6. Her car was parked with the engine running at the corner of 16th and Manitoba avenues. Her BAC was not available.
· A 52-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for failure to yield and inattentive driving after a collision with a 31-year-old Muskego woman in the 3100 block of South Chicago Avenue at 5:32 p.m. Jan. 6. The South Milwaukee man, going north on South Chicago and attempting to turn into a gas station, struck the Muskego woman going southbound. Both vehicles had severe front end damage.
· A South Milwaukee driver was cited for failure to yield after a collision at 2:32 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 1200 block of Drexel Boulevard. According to police reports, the South Milwaukee driver was leaving a gas station and attempting a left turn onto westbound Drexel and struck a westbound Franklin driver.
· According to police reports, an 18-year-old South Milwaukee man "was backing up the hill from the foot of Marshall Avenue and did a "Fast and Furious" maneuver, losing control and left the roadway" shortly after 4 a.m. Jan. 9. The man, driving his mother's SUV without her permission, went through the South Milwaukee Yacht Club fence and down an embankment and into a boat owned by an Oak Creek woman. He was cited for reckless driving and operating without a license. Damage to the boat was estimated at $4,500. Damage to the fence was estimated at $5,000.
· A 30-year-old resident of an apartment in the 1200 block of Monroe Avenue reported a former neighbor left her cat outside overnight Jan. 3 and 4 when she moved out. The 30-year-old told police she rescued the cat and found the feline a new home. Police were unable to locate the former resident.
· Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., received a bomb threat at 2:57 p.m. Jan. 5, claiming there was a bomb in the women's restroom. The call was traced to a residential group home in Milwaukee. No bombs or suspicious packages were found in the store, which remained open for business. Police are continuing to investigate.
· A 20-year-old Milwaukee man faces charges of reckless endangerment after allegedly displaying a gun during a confrontation outside an apartment in the 200 block of Southtowne Drive at about 7 p.m. Jan. 5. According to police reports, the Milwaukee man had come to South Milwaukee to pick up his girlfriend and her daughter and began quarreling with her girlfriend's sister and the sister's boyfriend.
· A 22-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for misuse of 911 at 2:17 a.m. Jan. 9 after giving a false name when he called police saying he was too intoxicated to walk home. According to police reports, the man "has done this numerous times where he has been too intoxicated and calls 911 for a ride home."
· South Milwaukee police responded to five domestic violence incidents between Jan. 3 and 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police report: Dec. 15
- Police Report: Dec. 8
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Police report: Nov. 18
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 4
- Police Report: Oct. 28
- Police Report: Oct. 21
- Police report: Oct. 14