'Abraham Lincoln' arrested for drunken driving on front lawn of South Milwaukee City Hall
A 60-year-old South Milwaukee man, who later told hospital staff he was Abraham Lincoln, was arrested for drunken driving, first offense, after police found him in his minivan parked in the front lawn of South Milwaukee City Hall, 2424 15th Ave., passed out with the engine running and music blaring, around 2 a.m. Friday.
According to the police report:
When an officer asked him to turn the volume of his music down, he stared blankly and turned the volume up louder.
Eventually, responding officers turned the car off for him. helped him out and seated him on the lawn, while he was begging them not to beat him.
The man requested medical attention, and he was taken by an ambulance to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital without giving a breath sample.
At the hospital, the man gave false identities, including Abraham Lincoln, to medical staff.
The results of the man's blood test are not yet available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015