South Milwaukee Police were investigating an armed holdup that occurred early Sunday when two South Milwaukee men were robbed on the street at gunpoint by two men at the corner of Ninth and Montana avenues.
The two victims, ages 22 and 23, told police that they were walking south after leaving the Speedway gas station at 10th and Michigan avenues shortly after midnight when the suspects approached them on the street. One of the suspects displayed a rifle and the other a handgun. One of the victims handed over his wallet, which contained less than $15. The two victims were then instructed to turn around and start running. They were not injured in the holdup.
South Milwaukee police were advised by a Speedway employee that a man matching the description of one of the suspects had been in the store shortly after midnight, and left in a small, silver Honda or Toyota. While no arrests had been made as of Monday, police are investigating who they believe may have been driving the vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Police: Mother punched by daughter after knocking grandson, 1, to ground
- Police report: March 3
- Police say man beat woman when she did not know where they were
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police warn teens after they used their dad's credit card to buy Facebook games